Wednesday, September 30, 2009

What I've Been Up To



A couple of weeks ago, I had the idea that some of my yarn base would be dyed to match some of the knitting project bags. This sock yarn shown is red, green, soft yellow, and pink, which matches the bag below. I cannot say enough good things about this yarn. It has a very tight twist, is superwash, and is amazingly soft.


The project bag/yarn combo would make a wonderful gift for someone who is maybe just learning to knit and, of course, a long-time knitter would enjoy it as well. Once the socks are complete, the bag has versatile uses. It could be used as a make-up bag, for instance. Does this sound like an ad or something? I'm not trying to sell it. At least, not yet. :)




The yarn has been dyed in a one-row stripe and my daughter says that the colors remind her of Spring. It would be fun to wear some warm, wooly, Spring colored socks during the dead of winter. I think that I will put it in my Etsy store as a pilot idea. If it goes over well, I may open another Etsy store. Keep a look-out. However, if you are interested now, just leave a comment.



I am hyped about Socktoberfest which begins tomorrow. Are you all ready?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am always happy to hear from you.