Friday, November 20, 2009

Onesie Cookies

Ocassionally, I make mention of this list of "Things I Will Never Do Again". While, I have never sat down and written out the list or even prioritized it from most disliked to least disliked, I think that these cookies are pretty near the top of the list. For one thing, I completely underestimated how long the process would be. The baby shower for which I made them was on a Saturday. I made the cookies on Thursday night, with the decision to frost them Friday night. I was up till the wee hours of the morning that Friday and still had to decorate about two dozen cookies on the day of the shower as well as get the house cleaned and decorated. Secondly, marshmallow fondant is no easy thing to work with. It has to be just the right consistency and you really need strong arms and fingers to get it just right.


Did you know that those little silver sugar balls (called silver dragees) are toxic, and that they really should not be eaten? When eaten, we put silver into our blood steam and it never leaves. They did make a nice-looking addition to the cookies. I bought a bag that contains about 1,000 dragees. They have been thrown into the trash. It seems like they should be considered toxic waste.
All in all, the things that I have added to the list have turned out well, but, they were just too hard. Too labor intensive. Too tedious. Too maddening. I could go on, and on, but I will spare you. =-) Oh, the cookies were delicious. I got the recipe from the Flour Pot Cookie Book. Here it is at Amazon. Have a wonderful and blessed weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am always happy to hear from you.