Thursday, January 28, 2010

Monkey Socks


After much procrastination and many deliberations, the knitting of my Monkey socks has finally begun. So far, I have no bad things to say. The lace portion of the pattern is easily memorized and makes for an enjoyable process. The Baby Ull that I dyed forever ago is very soft. It can be pretty splitty, but I sometimes don't mind dealing with the bad because the good is so good.

Now that I've started these socks, I have to admit that I was somewhat hesitant to make them...thinking that perhaps my skill level wasn't up to the task. If I had taken the time to read the pattern, I would have made a few pair by now. I can say that there is a thrill to completing one round of repeats with the anticipation of the next that comes along with knitting these socks. Thanks Cookie A and Knitty for a great pattern!

After over a month of no knitting, I am currently working on multiple projects. Pictures will be posted soon. Have a good day. If you are in Oklahoma and the surrounding states, BE SAFE!

1 comment:

  1. My daughter, Marcy Davis, directed me to your website because she has a new baby girl....I think she was giving me a little hint about the beautiful baby clother. :)

    ReplyDelete

I am always happy to hear from you.