Friday, March 26, 2010

New Technique

The process of knitting self-patterning socks is always captivating. It's so fun to knit your way to the next color. It has been all the more fun with these socks because I am learning to knit two at a time from the toe up.


After only one bad start, I have somewhat grasped the technique. Now that the increasing rounds are done, it's become more of a relaxing project. Silver's Sock class is the tutorial that I'm using. The next time I make socks in this way, I will cast on more stitches. I used 8 as instructed, but she used a worsted weight yarn and I didn't consider that until I was almost done with the toe stitches.

I'm supposed to be preparing for the Craft Fair, but wanted a little distraction. It worked. ;-)

Have a great weekend everyone!!

1 comment:

  1. I've never tried knitting two at a time socks. This would probably fix my sock knitting problem which is that I've only ever knit one sock.

    ReplyDelete

I am always happy to hear from you.