Thursday, September 30, 2010

Yay, Boo


A couple of days ago, we awoke to 49 degrees here in the greater Oklahoma City area. Cold weather turns my mind towards knitting warm things....like...socks. I pulled out my monkey sock (Yay!) and have been working toward getting it finished. I am loving the sock, but hating the knitting. I cannot watch TV and knit these. I cannot chat with a friend and knit these. I have to pay attention, and so it makes for slow progress.

One thing that has not helped is the fact that they are sooooo scrunchy that I did two to three more repeats than I maybe should have. Normally, I knit 6 inches for the leg portion, but when I pull these up my leg, they measure about 9 inches. I'm not sure if I will even have enough yarn to finish them. I have dark blue sock yarn around here somewhere. If necessary, I will use it for the toe portion. Also, I forgot how long it takes to work a heel flap. Good grief.

If you know me, or have been reading this blog, you know that I'm prone to second sock syndrome. Boo! I've already started to feel the symptoms. A lack of interest, check. Resentment, check. Pressure from the love side, 'cause I want these socks, check. Anger towards the pressure, check. Is there a psychiatrist in the house?

Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. I like the striping in that yarn. And it seems to me you're having second and a half sock syndrome since you're not through the first yet! :) I like my socks, but I'm not keen on having to follow a pattern. I think the joy in sock knitting is the repetition and mindless-ness of the whole project. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Andrea you are correct--1 1/2 sock syndrome. I know that I will finish this sock. When I will start the other is the true mystery. ;-0

    ReplyDelete

I am always happy to hear from you.