Wednesday, April 27, 2011

My Wall

As mentioned in my last post, I am now selling my wares in a retail environment!  I am beginning with a wall space and will eventually transition into a room.   After much sewing, painting, printing, and not sleeping, we are thankful to have the space in operation mode.  My wonderful husband put everything up for me and the kiddos my good friend Kari, and I took the things over and set them up.


As a retailer, you become interested and learn so many things that you could have cared less about as a shopper.  For instance, the white board above  is called a slat wall.  Sadly, my local Borders bookstore went out of business and I was able to purchase the slatboard from them at an amazing price as well as the hooks to hang the dividers.


We weren't able to get any handknits in this space, but I am beginning to make hats and booties since they will fit into the baskets nicely.  It may be that I have to quickly move to a room, because it already appears that I have outgrown my wall.


I hope to post again soon.  With Etsy, The Market, church and family, I am very busy.  Happy, but busy.  Take care everyone!

2 comments:

  1. I think it looks great. And I LOVE the bags! You make wonderful bags!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Andrea! You are always so encouraging. I appreciate you.

    ReplyDelete

I am always happy to hear from you.