Monday, October 10, 2011

Mother May I

Does anyone remember the game Mother May I?  You take a given number of  steps forward as "mother" gives permission, anticipating that you are getting closer to the fnish line.  Suddenly the game turns and you have to go back to the beginning.  That is what the beginning of this sock reminds me of.  I have started over about 5 times.  Sigh.

After looking on the Internet for a sock pattern with light colorwork and not finding one that I wanted,  I forged ahead and cast on with no real plan in mind.  I purchased this Knitpicks Stroll yarn from fellow Ravelers after seeing socks made of the two colors in someone else's projects.  The day is rainy and the yarn is sunny!  Perfect project for a day indoors.



I knit tightly. Always have. I told myself to hold the strands loosely across the back and really thought that I had accomplished that feat. But, alas, it is not so. They are really tight and the frog has come a-knockin.'   I'm kind of glad, because I had been thinking to add navy to these really bright colors.  Forhaps  (as 4 year old Zoie--a girl at my church-- says) I will do so.

Happy Monday!!

1 comment:

I am always happy to hear from you.