Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Girl Socks


I would say that I ( like most knitters) really enjoy knitting socks. They are a quick and satisfying project. I have made socks for every member of my household. Another thing that I enjoy immensely is dyeing yarn. The purple socks were knit with yarn that I dyed. I was going to dye the yarn three colors, but my pot started to leak and I had to throw it all in. Hence, the lighter purple. The pattern was my own. It's just a simple baby cable repeat all the way around and down the foot.

The other socks were knit for my youngest daughter with Lion Brand Magic Stripes. This one has a short row heel . I like it, but I think I need to practice this heel more.
The pattern is Lacy Mock Cable Socks. I completed the first sock and we realized that she is allergic to wool. I will eventually finish them and give them as a gift.


While out and about this morning, I noticed how unseasonably cool it is in OKC and started thinking about socks. I'm going to look through my stash and contemplate round two for family socks. This, however, will take second place to my mother's socks. I will finish them in time for her birthday. I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am always happy to hear from you.