Friday, July 24, 2009

Home Decor

Knitting has begun on a new pair of baby pants. Maybe I will take progress pics next week. I started frogging the striped hat and will begin to reknit it sometime this weekend. I still plan to cut fabric for bags later today.


Ivy will be coming by this evening and we will work on her socks and possibly start our February Lady sweaters.


In other crafty news, I wanted to show you a quick home decorating idea that works well for children's rooms. Since they are based on a theme, you could make these for any room. A good idea for the kitchen would be to find miniature cooking utensils or maybe a potbelly stove in the doll house section at Hobby Lobby.


The shadow box with the jeans and the one with the dress needed to be redone, so I decided to share the idea. This is a fairly inexpensive way to dress up a wall. I purchased 3 shadow boxes and went to Walmart for doll clothes. I also got scrapbooking paper to match the colors in my girls' room that would coordinate with the clothes.


The only thing to do is cut the paper to fit the box and use tape to secure the clothes to the paper. Of course, you could use a hot glue gun for a more permanent placement. If I had used hot glue, maybe I wouldn't have had to fix them.





I'm all over the place. Sewing, crocheting, knitting, cooking. I have all the stuff needed to make jewelry, and I'm always looking for something else to do.


I also enjoy reading and I have come across some good Christian authors. If anyone wants author's names, just comment this post. I will gladly share. Have a wonderful Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am always happy to hear from you.