Saturday, July 11, 2009

What's This?



Oops. I accidentally captured a glimpse of the spices on the Lazy Suzan. :)





Sometime last fall, I purchased yarn for the purpose of dyeing. I enjoy the process and get really excited when I see the finished job. I've done some immersion dyeing on top of the stove, but I prefer to wrap the yarn in Saran Wrap and steam it by use of the microwave. I've only been able to do this using either Wiltons icing or Kool-Aid.

I didn't want to go out and spend a lot of money on a microwave just for dyeing. Even the pawn shops were a bit overpriced. One of the young ladies from my church gave me this. It is the cutest little microwave ever. I'm not real sure that it will work. I think that the yarn may be too crowded and cause my colors to muddle. Maybe it will work for small skeins. That leaves me back to my search for an appropriate microwave.

Have a superb weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am always happy to hear from you.