Tuesday, August 25, 2009

I've Dyed and I'm Still Here To Tell About It

I have been a busy little bee today. I got my Supersock yarn base in the mail yesterday and got out my dye goods this morning. It's been said that I am a researcher. The same is true when it comes to dyeing yarn. If you are going to do something, don't you just want to do it right? So, I looked to the experts. I read books, I looked on-line, I studied how other yarn in my stash was dyed and then I was off.


I have been collecting these bottles for about a year. People have been saving them for me. They work great for your dye stock because they hold heat well during the initial mixing of dye and hot water.

My dye studio is in my garage. (studio, seriously?) I have an air hockey table on which to dye (it's actually my son's) , a big ol' microwave that I got from my sister, about 7 colors of dye, and a whole lot of other stuff that I've invested in. I dyed three skeins of yarn today and I will show it to you when it's dried and reskeined.

I'm going to get back to knitting. Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am always happy to hear from you.