Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Just Do It


What was the sense in waiting one more Saturday when I was so near the end, right? So, I told myself... just do it. I listened to myself and now I'm all done.

This hat is a work of art. Not my work of art, but I say that of Angela Hahn (the lady who wrote the pattern). It was very easy and even though I had heard bad things about the decreasing rounds, it wasn't until the last 3 rounds that I thought Wow-zers. On row 24, it said to slip one, slip one purl-wise through the back loop, put them back onto the left needle in their new orientation, slip those two together as if to knit, knit the next stitch and pull those two awful stiches over it. That was something else. My stitches kept jumping off the needles (they did not seem to merely slip off). I kept screaming and putting them back and those same stitches would just jump off again.

Finally, I got through that row and rows 25 and 26 were not nearly so bad. They weren't fun, but they weren't as bad. Overall I have only good things to say about the hat. It's lovely. I will get it blocked soon. Oh, by the way, while I try never to say never, I will never make this hat again. Let me also add that I said that after each of my 5 children were born.

Have a good day.

1 comment:

  1. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS BERET. MAYBE I WILL BE ABLE TO MAKE ME ONE SOMEDAY SOON. I'M SURE IT WILL BE JUST DARLING ON YOU.

    ReplyDelete

I am always happy to hear from you.