Friday, July 23, 2010

A Tisket, A Tasket...




...how about a matching basket! This set will be listed in my Etsy shop today. As I often say, it will make a great baby shower gift. The basket is made entirely of fabric. It is foldable, and washable. It seems to me that someone may want to "tie" things together in the baby/child's room and this basket could be placed on the changing table and filled with diapers, or the dresser filled with toys, or sit on the closet shelf filled with whatever one wants.

It took longer than it should have to figure how to make this little basket. I started with a sample basket last night and it went well, but I did not make a liner for it, which is where my trouble started. Not with the sewing of the liner, that part was easy, but putting the bags together caused some confusion. I had to sew and re-sew, but I' m glad that my fabric held up to pulling out all of those stitches.

I'm right at the end of another little baby hat that is dark pink and black. It will also have a bill and I think that I will embellish a onesie to match. All for Etsy, of course. Local business is booming and while it keeps me from blog posting as much as I'd like, I am grateful for the work.

I cannot even find my two-at-some-of-the-time socks 'cause I've put them away so well. I hope to find them and finish them soon.


Have a great weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am always happy to hear from you.