I had been thinking about my Monkey socks for a couple of weeks and decided to pull them out of hibernation. Initially, I cast on 64 stitches as stated in the pattern on Knitty, but the socks were extremely tight. I wear a size 6 1/2 shoe, and would not have thought that any sock pattern would be too small for me. I do knit very tightly and just had to consider the first knitting of the sock as my gauge swatch.
Anyway, I have now cast on 72 stitches and have gone through 3 full repeats. I lack about 5 rounds to complete the next repeat. I used a revision of the pattern that was provided in the Monkey KAL forums on Ravelry. This revision requires that you knit two additional rounds every repeat, and because of that it shouldn't take long to get the leg portion of the sock knit.
Because the pattern has lots of purled stitches, the sock is very scrunchy. The scrunchy-ness makes it look quite a bit shorter than it is. I'm anxious to get them finished and blocked to get a true picture of the pattern.
That's all I've got for now. Have a happy day!