Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Is This A Knitting Blog?

For those of you who have wondered...this is a knitting blog--for the most part anyway. I do so enjoy knitting, but I have had to expand my business and who would have thunk it? Closet dividers. Closet dividers have taken over. I'm not complaining 'cause I enjoy designing them, not to mention the tremendous increase in sales. Occassionally, I do get orders for knit items though. An Etsy customer requested this hat for her 2 year old son. This is my first second hat made for a toddler. The first one is still on the needles. I had to make a second trip to my LYS and get more yarn and start over since I was just about the close the first hat that turned out to be way too small. It will fit a 1 year old and I guess I will list it on Etsy eventually.





I have cut hundreds of circles by hand and the following picure is a small showing of the fruit of my labor. It is very gratifying the get to this part of the process--packaging and mailing. Whew!






I have a "gang-bang" amount of yarn for baby stuff. I've never put it up on Ravelry because, honestly, I don't have time. Somehow, I will figure out how to incorporate a little knitting into my day--some personal knitting, e.g. my monkey socks which I love, --some business knitting. The boutique that will be selling my closet dividers, if I can ever finish cutting and get them to them, has also asked for baby hats and booties. This is just what I've waited for, and alas, I don't have time to knit them. Sigh. It is about to get better because I have a Cricut ordered and on it's way to my house. Yay!!
I'm trying to think of something fun for the upcoming contest. I plan to post the giveaway contest details on Monday! Have a happy, happy day!!!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your work being a big hit. You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Andrea. It is very kind of you to say so.

    ReplyDelete

I am always happy to hear from you.