Thursday, February 10, 2011

Crochet Is A-Okay

It's becoming more and more apparent to me, that crochet is the way!  I received a request for a custom baby hat and I initially cast on to knit it.  My plan was to leave off the ribbing and go back and crochet the scallops around the edge.  After much slothfullness and with the deadline quickly approaching, I pulled it off of the knitting needles and picked up my crochet hook. 

This time, rather than using single crochet, I used half double crochet.  It is much softer--although it is still not as soft as knitting.  However, the Tahki Cotton Classic is such a nice yarn that it makes up for the lack in drape.

The buyer asked for a pink flower, but I am allowed some creative license.  I thought the soft and dark pinks would go well with the lavender.

The scalloped edge, gives the hat a little "dressier" look.  It has been made to be worn with a sweet lavender tutu.  I hope to receive pics from the new mom.
That's it for now.  Have a terrific Thursday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am always happy to hear from you.