This morning I completed a custom order and it very much like this one that I made 2 years ago. It took about 3 tries to get this hat to size. I always crochet and knit tightly, but for some reason, while working on this hat I had a tighter gauge than normal. When I've made newborn hats before with half double crochet, I've increased to 48 stitches. In this case, I had to increase to 56 and use a size H hook.
I couldn't leave well enough alone and added a little crochet mock button at the top of the hat. Little button loafers complete the outfit and it's ready for the baby shower this weekend.
As always, I'm working on some things. I will show pictures soon. It's difficult to say when due to work, but I'm gonna do it!
Have a great day!!