This yarn is Dalegarn Baby Ull. It was purchased for the purpose of dyeing and so, dye -- I did. I used Wilton Icing Colors in Delphinium Blue and Juniper Green. The blue turned out much darker than expected, but I really like how the dye job looks overall.
Before dyeing, I changed the skeins into balls. Once that was done, I combined the yarn into one (so that the stripes could match exactly) and wound it around the footboard posts of my bed. After that, I measured 33 inches for each color and marked it with scrap yarn and began to dye.
I have wanted to make monkey socks for while, and this yarn will be used for them, but I will make the no purl version. The pattern is here. This intended project has been put into my Ravelry queue. Guess I will be mature and finish my mother's socks first. Have a good day.