Friday, September 25, 2009

Pink Vegetation


I needed to make sure the beret is going to fit and so while I had it on I went ahead and got a snap shot. It is very awkward taking pictures of oneself . It's also awkward wearing a piece of a hat with circular needles in it. :)
The first 8 row repeat has been knit and I'm ready to begin the second. The pattern repeat is very simple and easily memorized. Someone in Ravelry has given the heads-up that it becomes much more complex at the decreases.

The yarn substitution seems to be working out as far as gauge is concerned. The pattern recomments size 3 needles and they are working for me. It's pretty chilly here in OKC this morning, and if that is an indicator of things to come, I need to finish this hat sooner than I probably would have.

I started sewing project bags last night and I'm heading out to the garage in a couple of hours to dye yarn today. I'm not altogether sure what I'm going to do with these things. One of the local yarn shops here provides a "booth" type rental and you are able to sell your goods there. I am considering doing that. I will post some pictures of something that I've been working on next week. I've been working on many different things. Have a wonderful weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am always happy to hear from you.