Thursday, October 8, 2009

Lil' Elf Hat



This little hat has been fun to knit. I am writing the pattern as I go and I really like how it is turning out. Today I decided that I will make socks to be worn with this hat and market it to newborns (or rather their parents or friends :-) ) I am using Tahki Cotton Classic yarn which is one of my all time favorites. It shows such good stitch definition and is kind to babies due to the fact that it is 100% cotton. It's also thick enough to provide warmth.


This particular hat is very small. I have placed it over a decorative crystal egg that has the circumference of only 12". If I don't decide to frog it, it will be intended for a preemie baby.


I also worked on my sock last night and I am just about to begin the short-row heel. I plan to get that done today and will show it tomorrow.


I will be hosting a give-away sometime very soon. I'm trying to decide what to give away. I'm not sure if it will be yarn, or a project bag, or a baby item. At some point I will have done all three. It's fun to get free things! Keep looking out for it.

2 comments:

  1. HERE I AM AGAIN TRYING TO POST CAUSE I WANT THE FREE STUFF!!!! I LOVE THIS LITTLE CHRISTMAS STUFF I WANT TO MAKE SOME OF IT. I HOPE THIS POST GOES THROUGH.

    ReplyDelete

I am always happy to hear from you.